Born: July 6, 1954 in Scottsbluff, pop. 15,000
High School: Rushville, pop. 890
College/years: Colorado State, 1988-1992
Games played in the NFL: 22
- Drafted sixth overall in the 1987 NFL draft by the St. Louis Cardinals.
- Did not sign a contract with the Cardinals and was traded to the Seattle Seahawks in 1988.
- Started 16 games for the Seattle Seahawks.
- Retired in 1996 after brief stints with the Miami Dolphins and Carolina Panthers.
- Ranks second in the Colorado State University record books for career yards (7,142), career completions (577), and career attempts (1,015)
- Returned to Rushville and coached the football team for three seasons.
- Is currently an ESPN college football analyst for ESPNU's Saturday games.
- A 2000 inductee into the Nebraska High School Sports Hall of Fame.
- Averaged 25.1 points per game and 14.8 rebounds per game for the Rushville boys basketball team his senior season.