Director's Present: Schmidt, Schneider, Bates, Dew, Havill, Riibe. Instructor's: Paul, Wiebe, Tometich, Crews. Meeting called to order by Schmidt at 7:00am. Secretary's Report presented by Bates. M-Schneider S-Havill. Treasurer's Report presented by Schmidt in Bowers absence.  M-Reynolds S-Dew.  B&G:  Discussion held on future maintenance and adding $18k to bring final amount to $30k for yearly basis. Possibly $20k for this year and then make determination, we will wait for budget review to motion to increase this.  Amount can be modified as needed to keep the facility up to date.  Schmidt asked that Paul & Schneider make a list of items that need to be repaired and maintained with adding time line to each item.  Such as windows may need replaced in 5 years or garage door this year, etc. Arena Lighting -  Discussed report from Charlie V on cost savings and light/power depreciation. Determined there is about $1800 annual savings with new lights.  Schneider and Paul are working on application for energy investment grant from Monsanto.  Schmidt asked Paul to get labor cost from Musco and timing on install so we have final price and can move forward quickly on this.  Assumption made the labor/install should be around $1000 to $1500.  With big March and April events we need to have full lighting for arena.  Cost to replace the 5 lights that are out, with parts and lift rent will be around $1000.  Once Paul has final cost from Musco he will send via email and since group has reviewed preliminary and can make a motion/decision before next meeting so Musco can get order started if that is determined way to go. Entry Way: Reviewed designs and group agrees on the design that comes out 20ft from building.  Talked about side panels which are translucent panels and there are various options we can look at.  As this time not estimated cost. Schmidt is working with several contractors and the architect to get detailed information and quotes.  Discussed various options for naming the building and how we could do this with this new entry way.  Name plaque could be put in the stone/cement pillars or something on the building above the doors under the new entry way, but still visible.  Discussed color scheme and group agreed that keeping with the green similar to the newest pole building would be best.  Schmidt will work on pricing to bring back at February meeting. Other: Therapeutic riding had training for their volunteers and the next session should be starting around the first of February. Barn Manager job description was finalized and Wiebe will send out to everyone.  Please review and provide comments back to Schmidt so this can be pushed forward. Adjourn M-Reynolds S-Bates. Minutes taken by Secretary Bates. Payee and Amount: Alliant Energy 112.46; CenturyLink 137.72; ESI 25; Muscatine Power and Water 1148.3; River City Hardwoods, Inc. 180; Temp Associates, INC. 819.12; Wendling Quarries, Inc 229.84; Grand Total 2652.44.

Angry
0
Sad
0
Funny
0
Wow
0
Love
0