Born: Sept. 28, 1911 in Litchfield, pop. 262
Died: April 8, 1981 (age 69)
High School: Crawford, pop. 997
College/years: Chadron State, 1931-34
Games played in the NFL: 23
- Played guard the 1935 season for the Chicago Bears and the 1936 and 1937 seasons for the Chicago Cardinals.
- Four-time All-Conference selection while playing for CSC.
- Also played basketball for CSC.
- Inducted into the CSC Hall of Fame in 1983 and the Nebraska Football Hall of Fame in 2004
- Moved from Litchfield to Crawford in 1929.
- Earned $100 per game for the Bears in 1935. Earned a $10 per game raise in 1936.
- Played through a knee injury his final three seasons. He walked with a limp the rest of his life.
- Owned and operated a tavern in Chadron for more than 30 years.